Cheesy Bacon Brussel Sprouts
Yes, They're Amazing as They Sound!
I never liked Brussel Sprouts. Growing up they were this nasty little green vegetable that showed up on my dinner plate occasionally. I would make them now and then as an adult...because I knew they were good for me.
Then I started Keto and tried roasting them in the oven with butter and garlic salt. YUM! Then added a little parmesan cheese. YUM!!! Then after experimenting, ended up with this recipe. YUM!!!!!!
Here are the Kitchen Items You'll Need
- Saucepan to cook bacon and then simmer 1-2lbs of brussel sprouts
- Baking dish to then bake them (you can bake them in your saucepan in the oven, but I prefer putting them in a separate serving dish)
Here are the Ingredients You'll Need:
- Brussel Sprouts
- Garlic Powder
- Heavy Whipping Cream (could substitute full fat coconut milk)
- Mozzarella Cheese
The Keto Dad Tips and Tricks
- This serves our family of 4 pretty well. You can definitely double the recipe for more people!
- We love our brussel sprouts bite sized. If we get the big fresh ones, we'll cut them in half. We also get a frozen bag from Trader Joes that is super convenient. They're small so we don't cut them. We just simmer the frozen ones a little more.
- I prefer to cut the bacon into little pieces before I cook it. Seems to make less splatter on my stove!
- The baking time at the end can really be to taste. We like them a little softer in this dish, so we get closer to 30 or 35 minutes. Stick a fork in it and pull them out when it's to your liking!
- You can even do all the earlier steps during the day, throw it in the fridge and then bake it just before dinner!
4 - 5 Strips of Bacon
1 T Butter
1 lb Brussel sprouts
Salt and Pepper
1 teaspoon garlic powder
3/4 C Heavy whipping cream
1/4 C Mozzarella cheese
2 T Parmesan
- Cut Bacon into small pieces and fry in pan
- Remove Bacon from pan (and some grease), set bacon aside
- Brown Brussel Sprouts in pan with grease, butter and garlic powder. Salt and pepper to taste. Fry 4-6 min
- Add heavy cream and bacon and simmer another 5 minutes.
- Put in casserole dish, mix in mozzarella and sprinkle parmesan on top.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20-30 minutes until desired softness.
Watch The Keto Dad Make This Recipe!