Perfect Lunch for at Home or on the Go!
Chicken Salad is such a common recipe - whether you're bringing it to a pot luck, eating it for lunch, or grabbing it for a mid afternoon snack, it's one of the most versatile and adaptable recipes out there!
Here's our basic Keto version. We love the pecans and celery for a little extra flavor and crunch! Add your favorites, or just eat it this way! Enjoy!
Kitchen Items You'll Need:
This is a super basic recipe! Nothing special - just measure a few ingredients, then add it to a bowl and mix it up!
Ingredients You'll Need:
- Green Onion
- Pecans (chopped)
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Bacon bits
- Chopped pickles
- Whatever you'd like! (check the carbs)
The Keto Dad Tips and Tricks
- I love to cook the chicken in the instant pot with poultry seasoning - super easy and it shreds well. You can cook it any way you like though! Adding the extra seasoning when you cook it gives it great flavor!
- Shred or dice the chicken - whichever you prefer!
- Make it a little in advance and let it sit in the fridge for all the flavors to mix together
- Watch your additional add-ins. Grapes might be tasty, but can add a lot of carbs and sugar fast!
- Want a little variety? You can even heat your chicken salad up and serve it warm on toasted 90 second bread!
- 3 Cups chopped or shredded chicken
- 1 Cup chopped celery
- 3 T chopped green onions
- 1/4 Cup chopped pecans
- 1 1/4 Cup Mayo
- 3 T Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Black pepper
Watch The Keto Dad Make this Recipe!